Current Annual Cost
With an energy efficient pump you could save
With Tariff 33 Controlled Supply (Economy) you could save
With energy efficient pump and Tariff 33 Controlled Supply (Economy) you could save
Basic Plan Information is available online.
The calculations provided are indicative only. Other factors such as your specific equipment, pool size, your individual usage and even the weather can impact your electricity costs. The savings calculated are based on electricity usage only and do not include service fees, metering services charges or material and labour costs charged by your electrician to connect your pool pump to an economy tariff. The savings calculated do not include the cost to purchase or install a new 5-star energy efficient pool pump.
These calculations use the following assumptions:
- Tariffs are at the current gazetted rates and include GST.
- Current pool pump is a 1kW fixed-speed pool pump; Energy efficient pump is a 0.35 kW 5 Star rated pool pump; Salt chlorinator is 0.4 kW.
- Tariff 11 Residential is 23.932 c/kWh; Tariff 12 Residential (Time-of-Use) off-peak is 0 c/kWh, shoulder is 0 c/kWh, peak is 0 c/kWh; Tariff 13 Residential (PeakSmart Time-of-Use) off-peak is 16.787 c/kWh, shoulder is 22.723 c/kWh, peak is 33.45 c/kWh; Tariff 33 Controlled Supply (Economy) is 17.964 c/kWh.
- Tariff 12 Residential (Time-of-Use) and Tariff 13 Residential (PeakSmart Time-of-Use) off-peak times are 10pm to 7am daily. Shoulder times are 7am to 10pm on weekends. Shoulder times are 7am to 4pm and 8pm to 10pm on weekdays. Peak times are 4pm to 8pm on weekdays.
- 5 Star rated pump runs for 30% longer.
- Annual calculations are based on 365 days, starting on a Monday. If the operating times run past midnight, the extra hours are calculated as part of the same day.